The “European Intercultural Workplace” project aimed to analyse the current situation in different workplaces and the changes taking place due to the increasing number of intercultural workplaces. A direct consequence of this is the imminent need to create cross-cultural environments that reflect this reality.
To achieve this objective it was necessary to:
- analyze the situation in workplaces in different sectors in each project partner country;
- compare the results in the rest of Europe;
- make the results available to other countries.
The project analyzes workplace practices in the following areas:
- Education (primary, secondary, vocational)
- Public (health, safety, transport)
- Private (SMEs, multinationals and tourism/hospitality)
In each target group, both the experiences of those who belong to the host culture (majority) and those who belong to the immigrant populations (minority) are analyzed, highlighting the common aspects and the issues that relate to a specific group.